The Out Adventures Gay Travel Podcast is back! To kick off Season 2 our hosts welcome Richard Dusseau – Founding Partner and Publisher of mensvows.com – into the studio to discuss Gay Honeymoons.
For a downloadable version of Season 2, Episode 1, click here.
Today’s Podcast Takeaways:
Peter, Rob and Richard covered a lot of ground in today’s episode. To keep things simple, we’ve compiled both a General Tips and Destination Tips section.
- Mensvows.com is a digital publication exclusively for grooms. It focuses on Gay Engagements, Gay Weddings and Gay Honeymoons.
- One important tip Richard offers honeymooners, is to find a new destination for both partners. “Share the newness”, as Peter says.
- Richard suggests saving destinations that are less welcoming to the LGBT community such as the Caribbean, Middle East and Russia for another trip. Honeymoons are supposed to be a celebration of your relationship and love for one-another and you should feel comfortable expressing that outwardly.
- Robert suggests adding a honeymoon to your wedding registry. Large tour operators make it convenient for wedding guests to buy the grooms experiences like a couples massage. Meanwhile Out Adventures will help you setup a fund guests can directly contribute to to pay for your gay honeymoon.
European Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Portugal – A Classic European hotspot with the options of beaches, vineyards and lively cities.
- Italy – Specifically Northern Italy is an exceptional destination for a gay honeymoon. Consider the smaller towns around Piedmont.
- Vienna – For a large European city, Vienna is sexy, historical and happening.
- Bruges – For a small European city, Bruges offers charm and beauty. Just imagine an evening stroll along Bruges’ romantic canals.
Asian Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Laos – An up and coming destination that offers respite from the hordes of tourists throughout South East Asia.
- Taipei – Easily overlook, Taiwan’s capital is an extremely LGBT-friendly destination rich with culture, cuisine and charm.
South American Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Columbia – A trendy destination that offers adventure and culture, not to mention some of the best food in South America.
- Mendoza – Dive into the vineyards and bodegas of Argentina in this charming city. After all, nothing says romance like Malbec!
- Patagonia – Pair your romance with rugged terrains at Patagonia EcoCamp – the second best hotel in South America – in Torres Del Paine National Park. Perfect for the more adventurous couples amongst us.
Budget-Friendly Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Thailand – This ever-popular destination is known as the Land of Smiles. Possibly because of its welcoming Buddhist culture, renowned culinary scene and miles of golden beaches. Or possibly because of its budget-friendly price tag.
- Mexico City – Affordable and easily accessible with plenty to do and see. Consider focusing on the beautiful Polanco neighbourhood.
Interested in hearing more from Out Adventures? Join our mailing list and receive tour updates, promotions and travel news.
(Header image credit: Kevin Robitaille)